Wednesday 16 May 2018

Zippo's Circus at Figge's Marsh

I last saw Mr Zippo's Emporium of Fun and Frolic - aka Zippo's Circus - years ago on Streatham Common so I jumped at the opportunity of a free Bank Holiday Monday to see them again and I'm so pleased I did. There was juggling and acrobatics, high wire and rocket ships, strong men and horses, clowns and singing and budgies. Maurice the Budgie didn't deserve the applause because he was quite naughty really - don't encourage him.

I didn't smell the grease paint but I did smell the horses. The 'Cossack' riders were thrilling and they didn't use the whips that, I assume, were there for show.

I ate candy floss for the first time in decades and clapped and cheered and joined in the singing (reluctantly).

When I grow up I shall run away and join the circus - I just need to work on my act...

No comments: