Tuesday 19 May 2015

Joey Ramone's Records

Louder Than War has reported that Joey Ramone's record collection is up for sale. I saw that and thought 'what?'. Then I thought I'd click and take a peak. Then I thought 'WHAT?'

Joey is a great hero who left us too soon so it's interesting to see what records he collected and played. And what an odd collection - so typical! He had records by David Essex, Marvin Gaye, Pat Boone, Led Zep, Herman's Hermits, The Kinks, The Marvellettes, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Sweet, T.Rex, and Toots & The Maytals amongst a host of others.

And two records from an up and coming beat combo called SLADE! 'SLADE Alive!' and 'SLADE in Flame' feature in the list of Joey's  records that are available for sale. I, of course, already have the original vinyl (and CDs) of both records. I'm quite pleased he had 'SLADE in Flame'.

It would've been fun to sit down with a cuppa and talk records with Joey.

No comments: