Sunday 1 December 2013

Advent Calendar #1 - 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree'

Welcome to my Advent Calendar!

A few years ago I created my own Advent Calendar by posting different videos of Christmas songs each day in December up until Christmas Eve. I'm doing the same thing this year since there are new songs to share.

The first door you open on the calendar leads to 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree' by Kim Wilde from her new Christmas record, 'Wilde Winter Songbook'. Kim had a hit with this song back in 1989 with Mel Smith so it's nice to have an updated version, this time with Nik Kershaw. It takes the piss out of the video of her and Ricky slightly worse for wear singing on the train home last year after a party. It's great fun and I can't wait to see her sing it live just before Christmas.

No comments: