Monday 26 August 2013

She Makes War - 'Butterflies'

The new ep from She Makes War is out and she's spent most of the last week crafting handmade packages for her backers through Bandcamp. I know because she's been telling us on Twitter.

I first came across Laura as the bassist for Viv Albertine at the Royal Festival Hall during Yoko Ono's Meltdown festival back in June. She was quite noticeable because she jumped around the stage and got into the music. As bassist, she was also filling some seriously big boots since the original songs were played by people like Mick Jones, Dennis Bovell, Tina Weymouth and Jack Bruce.

I'm going to see She Makes War for the first time as a solo artist on Friday when she supports Kim Boekbinder, aka The Impossible Girl. I shall take money for merch. And I shall take photos.

Here's the video for 'Butterflies' that's just been released....

No comments: