Thursday 11 July 2013

Amanda Palmer at The Roundhouse 2006

I took this photo of Amanda Palmer and Brian Viglione, aka The Dresden Dolls, at the Roundhouse on 4 November 2006. They were playing 'Mein Herr' from 'Cabaret' at the time and you can see the performance in the DVD of the show, 'Live at The Roundhouse'. I have the show poster framed in my hall with the legend, 'Fuck the Rock'n'Roll Circus, this is the Punk Cabaret' - the Rolling Stones' 'Rock and Roll Circus' was filmed at The Roundhouse in the '60s.

 
I mention this morsel of information for two reasons:

1. This is one of my favourite photos of Amanda that I took myself; and
2. Amanda returns to The Roundhouse tomorrow night for her first gig there since 2006 and I shall be there (obv). She won't be with Brian, but she'll be surrounded by the Grand Theft Orchestra and they make a fine noise.

I'd better charge up the battery for my camera...

No comments: