Monday 20 May 2013

Nineteen Sixty

I've just taken a look at my blogger dashboard and it tells me that I've published 1960 blog posts since I started the Plastic Bag in 2005. That's a lot of posts. The odd thing is that I was born in 1960 (yes, I am that old).

This blog really is a bit of a plastic bag, a bit of this, that and t'other. It's named after a song by X-Ray Spex, punk heroes from the 1970s, in which Poly Styrene sings about her mind being like a plastic bag. It includes gig and theatre reviews, think-pieces about age and punk sensibilities, records I've bought, complaints and moans, stories from my travels around the world, the London Olympics 2012 and a host of other things. Readership jumps around quite radically and I'm currently in a downturn in the numbers but I still post. Maybe its an addiction.

I've never had a problem with my age and I'd hate to be young these days. The travels across the years have made me who I am today and I quite like who I am. That leads me to another coincidence: I first saw Amanda Palmer play live in 2005 (as half of The Dresden Dolls), slightly before I started this blog. She wrote a gorgeous song about being who you are called 'In My Mind' and here is the video for your delight.



And this is blogpost number 1961...

No comments: